Q: Wheel lights on my truck. Are they legal or illegal to have?

I have wheel lights on my truck I run them white a cop told me they are illegal but I don't think they are what do y'all think

The law states that lights are to be stationary on a vehicle unless they are for a purpose vehicle with a strobe light, like a tow truck. Also the law states that the lights cannot create a distraction to the traffic that could cause and alteration with a driver. It is okay to have the lights on your wheel as long as they are not used when driving within traffic areas only. The lights could be used for off-road, racing, and parades only. You can have the vehicle in a stationary parked position and have the lights on, that is okay. A solid ring around the rims that appear to have no motion even though they are in motion can be used as long as they are not red or blue. If you need more information about your exterior lighting system on your vehicle, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Wheel lights on my truck. Are they legal or illegal to have?