My electric power steering went out, I can't fix it right...

Q: My electric power steering went out, I can't fix it right now but need to drive the car on freeway to work 100 miles per day

asked by on August 01, 2017

My electronic power steering went out in my car, I'm unable to fix it now because it cost too much but I need to drive it to work 100 miles everyday on freeway. Can I still drive it until I have the money to fix it?

As you may have discovered, you will not have much functionality or power assist when your electronic power steering system is not working properly. This can also be a very dangerous situation and is not recommended to be driven until this can be repaired. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.