Q: While I was driving, the vehicle will not drive and while I hit the gas it will just revv not move.

asked by on October 08, 2017

While driving my vehicle I will lose power and I hit the gas but it will not move it will only Rev and not move. Then I will chute it of for a few minutes and it will be fine. It has done this 3 times. The battery liget turns on and the ABS light aswell

If the vehicle is in gear and acceleration of the engine does not produce forward movement, there is likely something wrong with the transmission and/or the torque converter. The origin of the fault could be electrical or mechanical. There is also a possibility of a problem with the shift gear linkage, in other words, although you believe the transmission is in gear, it is actually not due to a fault with the linkage/cable. If the transmission does work normally after you re-start the engine, though, that might point toward an intermittent electrical cause of the problem. The warning lights for the battery/charging system and the system ABS would be diagnosed separated. In particular, an ABS warning light means trouble codes have been stored and those should be downloaded. To get all of these issues resolved, I recommend that you request a transmission/shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.