Q: Leaking around rear view mirror 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid

asked by on May 05, 2017

After recently buying this car, I've realized that it will leak right around the plastic of the rear view mirror, it ends up dripping right down on the shifter. It's pretty much a constant drip when I'm not driving, but when I am it doesn't drip that much at all. I'm not sure if maybe it's the windshield or if there is a hole in the antenna that is almost directly above the rear view mirror, or if it could possibly just be that the molding needs to be replaced around the windshield. Thanks

Clear fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is actually pretty serious, because if rust starts and is concealed in the roof, that will be impossible to stop. Water can also ruin the headliner and cause it to sag. If, indeed, you are seeing a potential entry point, it should be readily sealed with a high quality silicone. If there is a replaceable grommet or factory gasket, that is an option, too. To get this resolved promptly, please feel free to request a water leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.