Q: Cylinder 4 misfire - 2004 Ford F-250

I have misfire in cylinder 4 which is passenger side closest to the firewall. I purchased the tool to remove the spark plugs because I know that these 3v fords are problematic with the 3 piece spark plugs and am no fool when it comes to doing basic tune up work but I have never worked on one of these myself and would just like some professional advice

Hi there - yes, these plugs, and their cylinder heads, have proved to be a bit tricky. First tip is to replace the plugs with the engine warm. Second tip is to use one of the "deep sockets" specially made for these plugs (or rent one from your local parts store). Third - some techs have found that removing them with an electric impact wrench (3/8" drive - not the truck lug nut variety) helps break the threads loose without damage. When reinstalling , a touch of anti-seize on the threads is always a good idea.

If you decide not to do this yourself, I would recommend having your spark plugs serviced by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.