Q: P0720 and P1529 codes and speedometer is not working.

It has two codes showing. P0720 and P1529. My speedometer isn't working and I was working if I should drive it. I have an hour long trip to do and wondering if my car would even make it.

A: Hi. The codes you have deal with a problem ...

Hi. The codes you have deal with a problem in the transmission. The P0720 code is for the output shaft sensor circuit having a fault. This means that the sensor is not reading what is supposed to properly and that can cause the odometer to go out or the transmission will have a delayed shift. The code you have is there because of the first code. This code requested that the engine light be turned on because of the transmission code. Before I took a hour long drive, I would get the output sensor replaced so there is no other damaged done to the transmission. I suggest you have a certified tech from YourMechanic come and replace your output shaft sensor.