Q: Check engine light flashes on then turns off what does that mean?

I was driving to work when my check engine light started flashing then it turned off just moments later. This happened last week also. Recently changed my fuel filter. Changed it because I was having an issue with my acceleration. When I would push the gas my truck would not take off as it should. Changing the fuel filter helped a little. What else could the problem be? I was thinking the spark plugs. Can someone help?

A flashing check engine light usually refers to cylinder misfiring. Misfiring should be investigated and resolved promptly - that’s why the light flashes versus simply staying steady - because misfiring can damage the catalytic converter which can result in additional costly repairs. There are a variety of causes of misfiring and some are mundane such as old worn out spark plugs. Whatever the cause turns out to be in your case, if you request a misfiring diagnostic, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Check engine light flashes on then turns off what does that mean?