Q: Security system shut down power

I have no power to my truck. I was told the factory security system shut it down.

The factory security system on this truck only shuts down the fuel system. This will allow the engine to crank and just not start. If there is no power at all then you have a voltage issue. If nothing turns on at all, not even the headlamps, then there is a problem with either the battery cables or the fuse box. If you can turn on some of these systems and just do not get power then the key is turned on and then the problem is more than likely the ignition switch. The ignition switch is a common failure on this truck. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to test your truck for you.

3. Security system shut down power