Q: How do I get the driver's side window up (the button isn't working)?

how can i get the driver side window up it will not go up with inside button i pulled it up once by hand already but it must have drop to low i am pulling but window will not release window is about an inch high

A: Of course I recommend you have it repaired,...

Of course I recommend you have it repaired, but I know it is often necessary to get the window up before the repair can be done.

How you will get the window up at this point has to do with what the failure is. Window switches can often have intermittent connections that can be used to get the window up. Once up, you don’t want to put the window down again because the window will just get stuck again. If this is the case, gently try the switch over and over. If that doesn’t work, put a lot more pressure on the switch and be careful not to break it. The last technique with a switch is to simply keep pushing or pulling it over and over until the window is up.

If the switch does not respond at all, the next trick involves the switch. Engage the switch and use your fist to pound on the door panel. This isn’t to take out your anger, you are sending vibrations through the door and into the window motor. Window motors have what are called brushes that can stick. The pounding can free them and the motor will work for a short time again.

If these two techniques fail, the door panel will need to be removed so you can access the window regulator. At this point, it becomes a very creative process to disconnect the glass from the window regulator and support it up while it waits to be repaired. How this is done is always a creative process that can only be figured in person. There are many variables that change year to year on every car. Unless I see the exact situation, an explanation of what to do is very difficult to translate into action. In addition, removing a door panel on a Mercedes will require some specialize tools. It is not a job for the faint of heart.

I recommend having your window inspected by a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.

Good luck!