Q: clicking popping sound when turning sharp left

asked by on August 25, 2016

When turning sharp left in a parking lot hear a clicking popping sound from up front. It will stop if i let off the turn but dont do it on right turns or going straight.

Hello there. Is your Jeep four-wheel-drive? A clicking or popping noise can come from a CV joint with a torn grease boot. The boot develops a tear or leak and the grease will leak over time until the joint is dry and begins to make noise. This is also a symptom of a failed wheel bearing, but a bearing will usually groan at speed as well. If you would like to have this diagnosed properly, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the clicking noise and assist with repair.