Q: i put new plugs an wires an fuel filter an i am still getting a miss jerking an lost of power my engine light has never came on.

I have put new wires an plugs new fuel filter an I am still getting a misfire jerkin an lost of power it don't effect my gas mileage I also get a rough idle an no take off power I have no trouble starting it starts up fine sometimes just sitting still it will start missing an whenever it starts this I can smell gas but no leaks this is my everyday vehicle plz help

A: I recommend having a mechanic come and look...

I recommend having a mechanic come and look at the vehicle to check for vacuum leaks or coil problems. You may need to replace the coil pack and ignition module. These older engines may not register misfires as well as newer engines can, due to the better programs and sensors of today’s vehicles. You may have a carbon build up on the valves that need to be cleaned along with the fuel injectors. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car’s misfire firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.