Q: electric power steering light on dash - is it just a fuse, how can I know if it is more serious?

2010 Venza has electric power steering light on dash - is it just a fuse, how can I know if it is more serious?

Hi there:

Typically a dashboard warning light is an indication that the ECU has detected a fault of some type of an electrical or mechanical component. If the electric power steering light is illuminated, it’s likely that one of the sensors or components that makes up that system is faulty or sending a false signal to the ECU. The best way to determine this is to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection.

• electric power steering light on dash - is it just a fuse, how can I know if it is more serious?