Q: Q: No crank/no start

Hi everybody! I have a 2007 Chevy impala with approx 156,XXX on it. The car was sitting for a couple of weeks, and when I went to start it again, the battery was completely dead, no power to anything. I replaced the battery with an OEM spec battery, and now it won't crank or start at all. I know there are issues with the passlock on these cars, but when I turn the key to the on position, the security light doesn't stay on more than 3 secs. The only light that stays on is the check engine light. Also, the power windows/power locks will not function at all either now. What could be causing this? I'm at a loss... Appreciate all the help!

Be sure the battery is fully charged. "New" batteries are not necessarily fully charged at time of sale. Of course, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated. With the key held in the "start" position, you should test for power to the starter motor. If there is power (and no voltage drop), but no starter operation, then the starter motor/solenoid assembly is faulty. If there is no power, then the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, with the key held in the "start" position, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. With the key in the "start" position, if the starter motor is getting power but it doesn’t work, the starter is condemned and replaced. On the other hand, with the key in the "start" position, if there is no power to the starter, then the circuit is traced until the fault in the circuit is found. In addition to a faulty ignition switch, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: No crank/no start