Q: How do you open the trunk without using the key or remote?

How do you open the trunk without using the key or remote?

While you can definitely use the remote or the manual key to open your trunk, you can also open it from inside the vehicle. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Locate the trunk release button.

2. Push the button. The trunk should unlatch.

3. Open the trunk.

There’s also an emergency trunk release latch located inside the trunk itself. If someone is trapped in the trunk, simply pulling the emergency release will open the trunk.

Tip

There is a trunk cancel switch located in your glove box. Pressing this switch means that the trunk will only open with the key or with the remote. It will still open with the emergency release in the trunk, though.