Q: Code p0101

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a V6 4.3L engine in it and about a couple of months ago the engine light came on and we scanned the code and it came up with P0107 is lean bank 1 and 2, so we were told to replace the MAF sensor and we did that and the light went off for a day or so. then the light came back on and caused a rough idle and we saw a PCV valve elbow that was ripped and the light went off, and then couple days from there the light came on again! We checked the code and it brought up P0101 which is the MAF circuit range. We replaced the MAF connector, and the light went away for a day or so, it came on again and we cleared the code with the scanner, but came on later that night, we disconnected the negative terminal but it came on 2 days after that. We cleaned the sensor with MAF sensor cleaner and the light did not come on for about a week. Well today the light came on again and we're stuck, so I heard about disconnecting both termianals will that work??

A: The P0101 trouble code may keep returning i...

The P0101 trouble code may keep returning if the engine computer does not see the MAF sensor input within a specified range when it is testing the MAF input. The input can be wrong if the engine has another problem like blocked intake air flow, vacuum leaks, MAP sensor leaks/problems, or a blocked exhaust. Also, any leaks in the intake air tube between the MAF sensor and the throttle body may effect this as well. I’d suggest getting some assistance from a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to you to diagnose your trouble code further and make the necessary repairs. Good luck.