Q: my 1997 ford expedition wont go over 20 mph? any suggestions

It started with not starting right away then when it started and i drove it and it wouldn't go faster than 20 mph

Hi there:

Acceleration issues like the one you are experiencing with your Ford Expedition may be caused by ignition system, fuel system or transmission component issues. In many cases, when a transmission sensor detects a problem, it will trigger an error code that will restrict the engine’s ability to make power and slow the vehicle down to what’s referred to as a "limp mode". However, the issue could be related to engine performance, caused by damaged sensors, fuel delivery systems that are dirty or broken or ignition parts. To know for certain, it’s best to have a mobile mechanic complete a vehicle is slow to accelerate inspection at your home or workplace. This will permit them to diagnose the issue and recommend or make the correct repairs.

3. my 1997 ford expedition wont go over 20 mph? any suggestions