i put an cold air intake on my 2014 bmw 328. now my my ca...

Q: i put an cold air intake on my 2014 bmw 328. now my my car some times idles really high and even cuts off.

i put an cold air intake on my car. now my my car some times idles really high and even cuts off. i took out the MAF sensor to see if that was the problem and got it tested. The MAF sensor works fine and the car runs great with out it in. i want to put it back in to improve my gas millage tho. the only reason i didnt put it back to stock is because i broke off a small piece on the OEM air intake that i can find anywhere to replace.

If you want to return the car to stock, you can obtain the broken part by using the used parts database at Car-part.com. If your desire is to see if you can get the cold air intake to work with your present MAF/vehicle configuration, check for vacuum leaks which might have been introduced in the installation. If there are no vacuum leaks, some modifications will probably be necessary because the higher air density is obviously causing the RPM excursion. A first step is to contact technical support at the vendor you used. You can also have this resolved by requesting an engine idle speed diagnostic - high idle and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.