Q: Why does my brake/abs lights come on when I turn on my blower in my 2006 Chevrolet Silverado

asked by on February 27, 2017

my brake/abs light comes on when I turn my ac/heat blower motor on then the blower motor fails after that after the truck is turned off for a while and then start up again the abs/brake is off until I turn the blower on again and does all over again

Hello. It sounds like you have a voltage issue. When the power in the vehicle drops below a certain level these lights will come on as a warning. Since they come on when turning on the blower that means that the blower is drawing just enough power to cause a drop which is turning these other warning lights on. It may be due to a failing battery, alternator or maybe a bad connection. These would all have to be tested to find the issue. If you are going to have this electrical issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the abs and brake lights are coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/abs-light-is-on-inspection