Q: Diesel knock too high

The diesel knock on my mitsubishi L200 4d56 non-turbo engine is too high. What causes this, and what is the remedy?

It is possible that your engine could be low on oil. I would recommend checking the engine oil level and condition.

If the oil level is low, this can cause the engine to make knocking sounds and potentially could damage the engine. If the condition of the oil is not good, this can also cause the engine to make noise because it is not lubricating the engine as well as it could be.

If you find your oil to be in one of these two conditions, I would recommend getting an oil change from a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose the knocking noise firsthand if the problem persists. Best of luck.

3. Diesel knock too high