Q: My trunk lid keeps rattling/shaking when I drive it on a bumby road and it's very loud.

When I drive on smooth road, everything is fine. Whether my car audio is on or off my car trunk lid will shake when u approach an bumby or dent in the road. The issue is is that it's very loud. I want to eliminate or reduce the noise my car makes when I drive it. Once thing you should know is when I open my trunk door, I have to adjust the trunk latch back to lock position to fully lock my trunk door when I close my trunk.

Hi there. It sounds like you have either a latch problem or a trunk adjustment problem. There could be worn or bent components in the latch assembly causing the concern. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a trunk lid rattle inspection.

3. My trunk lid keeps rattling/shaking when I drive it on a bumby road and it's very loud.