Q: My truck been running hot for a couple months now I change the water pump and thermostat even the fan clutch but last week a hole

What can be causing my truck to run hot

Hello. I will be glad to help you with your 2007 Dodge Nitro. If you have already changed the water pump and thermostat, one obvious thing to check is whether the radiator is blocked (internally or externally) or you have other blockages elsewhere in the cooling system.

In regard to the radiator, you want to check for any restriction in the radiator due to sediment or debris; a flow test can be performed. The radiator cap is also critical. It must hold pressure to the specified level. Also, it is critical that the radiator fans, and cooling condenser fan, are working properly although you did mention that you replaced the fan clutch.

Less common causes of overheating are exhaust gas leaking into the coolant from a blown head gasket and the wrong engine timing. You even have to consider the possibility that one or more of your brakes are dragging. If you would like to have this checked, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose the overheating issue and get to the root cause.

• My truck been running hot for a couple months now I change the water pump and thermostat even the fan clutch but last week a hole