Q: Brake pedal has too much play.

I have too much play in my brake pedal. The pads were replaced 8,000 miles ago.

A: Brake issues are always a big concern for a...

Brake issues are always a big concern for any driver. I am going to assume from the description provided that both the front and rear brakes were replaced on your vehicle. If, despite these new parts, you are still experiencing this situation, it is possible that your Lexus may have developed a leak in the hydraulic braking system. This leak can be caused externally, such as a with a failed brake hose or a bad caliper. However the leak may also be an internal one, dealing with such parts as the master cylinder. Due to brake malfunctions always being a big safety issue, I highly recommend enlisting the help of a certified mechanic as soon as possible to determine why your brake system is performing as it is on your car.