Q: How do you remove the torque converter bolts off the flywheel? 2005 GMC Envoy Denali

My uncle is trying to take the transmission off a 2005 GMC Envoy Denali and has to get to the torque converter bolts he doesn't know how to remove the torque converter bolts off the flywheel order to get the transmission or motor out to put the new one in can you help me find the solution to my problem on how to remove the torque converter bolts

Hello - with the vehicle safely supported to provide clearance underneath - in between the engine oil and transmission pan, there is a large, funnel-shaped aluminum casting (called the bellhousing), that physically mounts the engine to the transmission. At the forward vertical face of the bellhousing (immediately behind the engine oil pan), is an access plate - remove it. The engine flywheel/flex plate is now exposed. There will be 3-4 bolts, which go through the flex plate to the torque converter, which hold the torque converter to the engine flywheel/flex plate. Turn the crank from the front crankshaft pulley bolt (CLOCKWISE facing the nose of the engine) a bit, remove a bolt, turn the crank a bit further, remove the next bolt, etc. until all the torque converter bolts are removed. At this point, you should be able to slide the torque converter toward the rear of the vehicle 1/4-1/2" by hand. This will confirm that all bolts are out. You will also be able to rotate the torque converter by hand, without turning the engine. Remember this when re-assembling the engine/transmission, and it becomes to rotate the torque converter to line up the bolt holes in the flex plate. Proceed with the removal of the transmission.

3. How do you remove the torque converter bolts off the flywheel? 2005 GMC Envoy Denali