Q: Can i put something down gas tank to see how much gas I have?

My gas gauge is broken. Usually I fill my tank and set trip. I get 318 with full tank but I've been broke lately and have no idea how much gas I have. Can I put a long flexible stick or something down there to see?

The filler neck on most vehicles will have a rollover valve that is connected to the end of the filler tube, on the inside of the tank. So, unless someone has removed the rollover valve, you will probably be unable to get anything down to the fuel. If you need help diagnosing/repairing the fuel level issue, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Can i put something down gas tank to see how much gas I have?