Q: 2000 Mustang v6 manual has whining sound coming from the power steering pump even after replacing the rack and pinion, pump & HPL

I replaced the rack and pinion, high pressure line, as well as the power steering pump and fluids. There is still a whining sound coming from the power steering pump area as well as when I turn the wheels. There is also no difficulty when turning the steering wheel. What would be causing the issue?

If you haven’t already done so, disconnect the drive belt to the pump and briefly run the engine to be sure that the noise is not coming from elsewhere. If indeed the noise is from the pump, be sure you have used the correct hydraulic fluid and that there is no trapped air in the system. If all other parts of the system are are new (all lines new to eliminate possibility of blockages), the fluid is correct, no trapped air, and yet the pump is noisy, then there is something wrong with the pump. To confirm all this, and have the required diagnostic steps implemented, you can request power steering pump inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2000 Mustang v6 manual has whining sound coming from the power steering pump even after replacing the rack and pinion, pump & HPL