Q: Car stops while driving, already replaced the throttle body. Have codes p2106, p2110, p1516

asked by on August 30, 2017

2008 Chevy Aveo5. I have just replaced the throttle body, and it was running fine. This is in addition to the camshaft sensor, thermostat and thermostat housing, and air intake hose being replaced. Now I have the codes P2106, P2110, and P1516. I read that it could be caused by a weak battery, and since mine is old I replaced that, yet car is still running terribly. What should I do to try and fix it?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The Chevy Aveo has had many issues similar to yours. There may be a TSB out on the issue. These are Technician Service Bulletins. They are released by the manufacture when there is a known problem with that particular system. They are typically fixed free of charge. If there is not a TSB out for the throttle position sensor or throttle body, then you want to focus your attention on the gas pedal. There is likely a problem with the system between it and the throttle. Yours should be electric, which can mean the problem will be harder to find. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.