Q: I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima. My car has 98,000 miles on it. I haven't had a tune up yet. I can be driving and when I go to acceler

asked by on June 19, 2017

I have a 2010 Nissan Maximo. My car has 98,000 miles on it. I haven't had a tune up yet. I can be driving and when I go to accelerate, the car slows way down for a few seconds, then all of a sudden it jumps back into action. It doesn't do it all the time, but at least twice a week. Do you think it's because it needs a tune up, or do you believe it's an engine issue. My car is still under warranty until 100,000 miles.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your vehicle should not be experiencing any major issues at this point, but that will be determined after an inspection as issues can happen. Your owner’s manual is the best source for letting you know what the manufacture recommends for a 100,000 mile tune-up. It will likely include the spark plugs, oil and filter change, air filter change, and a full inspection of all brakes, suspension, and major engine components. This may also be a transmission issue, and you may want to have your transmission fluid and filter changed as well. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.