Q: My Dodge Journey cut off while I was driving and didn’t turn back on the light the comes on said hot oil, anyone knows what that m

asked by on February 17, 2018

When I was driving the car it cut off and wouldn’t turn back on the the oil hot light came on. Can you please tell me what this means?

I believe you are referring to the red oil pressure light. This light will often come on when the engine dies but the key is still turned to the on position. This does not necessarily indicate a problem as long as the engine is not running. I would recommend having your vehicle’s engine inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of it dying. Consider YourMechanic as these types of inspections can be performed from your home or office.