Q: Noisy engine, power loss, delay in braking

asked by on September 21, 2016

My car has a mileage close to 100,000 miles. It has an automatic transmission. I recently went on a longer road trip and after driving maybe 70 miles, the car started to lose power and the engine became noisy. Also, there is a delay when braking. When this occurred, I had to shut the car off, wait a while and then restart it. However, the same problem happened again. What might be causing this?

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote
Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check for proper oil level to be sure the engine has adequate lubrication. There is a recall for a fuel supply system problem (clogged fuel system vent) that MAY be an issue here (Recall 14V464000). Check with your Suzuki dealer to determine if this applies to your vehicle. If not, have a professional mechanic check the vehicle under the conditions you describe for diagnosis of the lost power problems.