Q: Replaced alternator, now aftermarket radio will not turn on.

asked by on May 28, 2017

Everything was working fine til Alternator froze up out of nowhere. Car sat for a couple weeks until I had the alternator rebuilt, then when I reinstalled it and got everything back in working order, I have no power in the aftermarket radio. Everything else seems to be working fine. All fuses are OK, I have swapped radios out with another vehicle to see if the radio itself was dead, but the radio is good and the problem lies within the car itself. Please help, I'll go crazy with no radio.

It sounds like you may some faulty wiring (to speakers or head unit), a bad fuse or a short somewhere in the circuit related to the stereo. Particularly, if the alternator was replaced as a result of the system being overcharged, this may have caused a fuse to pop. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your radio not working.