Q: How do you replace the battery in the remote?

How do you replace the battery in the remote?

Your car’s remote uses a battery to transmit the signal needed to lock or unlock your doors, arm the alarm or set off the Panic button. As with all batteries, this one will eventually die and need to be replaced. Here’s how to replace it when the time comes:

1. Using a coin, twist the two halves of the remote apart (insert it at the back).
  2. Remove the old battery.
  3. Replace it with a new battery.
  4. Close the remote back.
  5. Verify that the remote works.

Tips

• Changing the battery will not require reprogramming for the key.

• Use a CR2032 battery for your remote.

• The remote should operate the same when the battery is replaced. If it does not work, check the polarity on the battery.

3. How do you replace the battery in the remote?