Q: Hi I own a 2016 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, I would like to know if I can do an engine swap with an EVO engine

asked by on May 20, 2017

I bought a Lancer ES and it has a small engine. Not a lot of power I think I read it has 148 hp. I want to do an engine swap to get an Evo engine. Is possible to get a fully working Evo engine in my car?

Hi there. When it comes to completing an engine swap, there are so many additional changes you’d have to make in order for this to work. For starters, you’d have to replace the transmission, driveaxles, fuel system, cooling system, ignition and beyond. Can it be done - Yes. But it would cost a lot of money and take a lot of time.