Q: I need to know what's the rattling noise the engine makes when I turn on the car

asked by on May 24, 2016

When I start the car and let it run I end up hearing a rattling noise coming from the engine and I want to know what it is so I could get it fix.

I would have to hear the noise to know exactly what the noise is since I have seen a serpentine belt tensioner make a knocking noise on these engines and it is an inexpensive repair to just replace the tensioner and belt.

I have also seen these engines develop timing chain noises and camshaft noises that may require expensive engine repairs to the valve train of the engine.

I would recommend having the engine’s rattling noise inspected and diagnosed to isolate the noise for you so you would have an idea as to which problem you are having.