Q: My air vents smell like coolant when I just run the air. In the morning I turned it on and a little bit of smoke came out with the

I turn the air on not the a/c and a strong smell of coolant comes out. In the morning some smoke came out and smelled like coolant but my truck didn't over heat but does smell like coolant thru the vents even when the air isn't on.

Hi Chris. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually, when you smell coolant from the vents, it’s caused by a coolant leak near the heater core. It could be the core itself, a coolant hose or a hose connection that has split. You should probably have a professional mechanic locate the source of the leak sooner than later, as this could lead to overheating issues.