Q: Car Jerking

Hi i drive a Opel Corsa 1.4 I and a month ago i experience the car jerking a little after a while it became worst, i took it to my mechanic who informed me that i need a new computer box. i bought the box and it drove ok for a week and then the jerk was back, i replace the fuel filter, plug's but nothing. The Mechanic found an air leak fix that but now the jerk is back in full mode.

A: This sounds like a frustrating experience. ...

This sounds like a frustrating experience. There are actually quite the variety of possibilities that could make your Opel jerk while driving.

• It is possible that your vehicle has developed one or more vacuum leaks and as these leaks are found and repaired, the next weakest link then begins to fail. This is somewhat common on older vehicles with higher mileage. Everything rubber on the vehicle, such as vacuum lines, engine mounts and cooling hoses, start to weaken over time from being exposed to a harsh hot/cold temperatures, making everything brittle and hard.

• It is also possible that the new computer that was installed may have been defective or possibly failed early due to a different problem that is shorting out the computer.

It may be a good idea to get a second opinion on your vehicle and enlist the assistance of a certified technician to assist you with diagnosing your Opel’s driving issues. They will have the knowledge and tools needed to determine why your Corsa is jerking as well as assist you with making the repairs needed to keep your Opel driving smooth again.