Q: How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

asked by on November 10, 2016

When I accelerate my car shakes and it's hard to shift into higher gears.

How do you operate the rear wiper?

Your vehicle is equipped with the standard two windshield wipers on the front, but it also has one on the rear. This is used for clearing water from the back glass so you can see clearly out the window (if...

Car will not shift into fourth gear - 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

Hello. I would check the condition of the transmission fluid first as well as the level. If the fluid is old or low then this will occur. If the fluid smells burnt or has debris in it then the transmission...

Knocking sound when driving. Disasters when braking or accelerating.

If the knocking only appears when you are at cruise and becomes more frequent as you go faster, then you may have an axle inner joint or a transmission mount or engine mount issue. This may be why the noise...

Do i have to change my shocks and struts to get lowering springs, or can i just get the lowering springs?

It is generally recommended that you change the shocks/struts when you use lowering springs. Your stock shocks and struts are designed to operate up and down in the range the stock springs provide. Lowering springs are shorter than stock springs...

Should my radiator be empty while pouring the stop leak for blown head gasket?

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us today. Based on what you've written, you probably did this correctly. However, it's quite possible that the damage to the head gasket is too extreme for these products to work. In most cases, a...

Steering wheel shaking

The speed must be taken into consideration, in order to properly diagnose a shaky steering wheel during driving. A shaking or vibrating wheel at low speed may point to a problem with tires, or with bent/broken suspension components. On the...

I have an automatic but also has the 6 speed manual. When I'm towing my 4000lb camper the truck RPMs at 2800 and only 100m/h

When a truck is towing a trailer or a fifth wheel, the engine will need to be producing maximum torque. The highest gear in most transmissions is the overdrive gear. The lowest gear typically produces the most torque from the...

Very loud grinding on acceleration worse on turns

Hi there. Typically a bad motor mount will make a clunking sounds as the vehicle begins to accelerate or decelerate. The grinding sound while acceleration and turning is a common symptom of a bad or failing wheel bearing as you've...

Terrible squealing upon cold start and for a few minutes while driving afterward.

Hello. The noise you are hearing is that new serpentine belt sliding and skipping on the pulleys they are driving. This is typically caused by the belt being loose, or a pulley refusing to turn freely. Your vehicle is equipped...