Q: How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

When I accelerate my car shakes and it's hard to shift into higher gears.

Q: Gear shift cable broken

Hello, depending on how the shifter cable is broken, the cable, the linkage, or both might have to be replaced. The only way to see what has failed is to visually inspect the cable and linkage. You may have to...

Q: where is the transmission dipstick

The 2015 Nissan Sentra is equipped with a CVT transmission. CVT transmissions typically do not have a dipstick and are only serviceable from the bottom of the vehicle via a drain and fill plug. CVT transmissions also require a specific...

Q: Gas pedal not working

Hello. Your car is equipped with an electric throttle actuator, so there is no mechanical link between the gas pedal and the throttle valve. The gas pedal in your car is just a sensor that tells the computer how much...