Q: How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

When I accelerate my car shakes and it's hard to shift into higher gears.

Q: Why won't my car start now? What else should we look at?

Hi. This sounds like the engine timing may still be off and needs to be rechecked for proper alignment. Some of the wiring to the crankshaft sensor may be damaged as well causing it not start as well. Also, the...

Q: Where is the location of the transmission oil gauge

Your Toyota Camry's transmission does not have a dip stick like in older car's transmissions and has a fill plug on the side of the transmission itself. The transmission should only be serviced and checked by a trained mechanic. The...

Q: While I'm driving the accelerator disengages and it won't accelerate with the gas pedal pressed all the to the floor.

This loss of accelerator control is a built in safety feature of the vehicle computer and can render the throttle inactive if it sees a problem in a major component or loses communication with the throttle sensor. I have even...