Q: How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

When I accelerate my car shakes and it's hard to shift into higher gears.

3. How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

Q: 2006 Solara, 3.3 Engine with 218k miles. It is hestiating at take off only, RPM's jump then come back to normal. catalytic or TBA

The catalytic converter has nothing to do with the symptom you are describing and, in any event, is easy to rule in or out as a "cause" of any malfunction. You simply measure exhaust back pressure with a gauge, compare...

Q: Q: 1998 Toyota Corolla won't accelerate

A low fluid level will cause the transmission to not go into a drive gear fully. The differential seals from the transaxle can leak, and cause fluid level to drop. If these seals are leaking, they will need to be...

Q: How often are you suppose to replace a new throttle sensor ?

The throttle position sensor (TPS) is only replaced if it tests bad. So there is no fixed replacement interval or "lifetime" for that part. They do occasionally fail though, in which case the Check Engine Light will illuminate with specific...