Q: How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

When I accelerate my car shakes and it's hard to shift into higher gears.

3. How do I stop my transmission from slipping?

Q: Car is leaking massive amounts of antifreeze, and then proceeds to overheat.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It would be highly recommended that you not drive the vehicle until the leak is located and fixed. One and a half gallons is basically the amount to fill the entire cooling system, so the...

Q: Does this transmission have a transmission filter that can or needs to be change at certain miles?

Most vehicles have an internal transmission filter that can be changed by removing the transmission pan. Some diesel trucks will have an external filter that can be changed just like an oil filter. The transmission filter is usually recommended to...

Q: Car floods bad when cold. If I give it a little gas it jumps and jerk and if I mash it on down it takes off. I've replaced the O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor.

This may be related to a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. This is a unit that reads the air intake at low or idle speeds and relays this information to the computer which then makes adjustments to fueling....