Q: Lights on the shift selector quit working

My truck wouldn't start in neutral anymore. Also, the lights on the shift selector quit working and so did the back up lights. What should I do?

Hello. There is probably a problem with the neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch is an important part of the car being able to start while in park and/or neutral and it allows the reverse lights to come on. It is possible that the bulbs for the backup lights and shift selector are blown out and just need to be replaced. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the neutral safety switch, the shift selector, and the reverse lights.

3. Lights on the shift selector quit working