Q: My 2007 Toyota Yaris jerks a bit when I press the accelerator- usually when it is cold.

My car jerks a bit when I press the accelerator- usually when it is cold.

Hello. Most of the time a jerking is caused by an engine misfire. If the engine has not been tuned up in some time it may be as simple as that. It can also be caused by a sensor that is not reading correctly or a transmission issue. I would usually drive the vehicle myself to see what is feels like and then scan the computer for codes to see if anything is out of the ordinary. If nothing comes up then I pull the spark plugs to see if it needs a tune up. If you want some help with getting this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle is jerking] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-jerks-forward-at-high-speeds-inspection

3. My 2007 Toyota Yaris jerks a bit when I press the accelerator- usually when it is cold.