Q: Would I have to completely replace the the pcm and pats system to replace the transceiver behind the key?

I bought the car salvage. I replaced the ignition and had it programmed. But, when I tried to start the car the pats system told the car not to start. The red light blinks constantly for a period of time. I was wondering if I go to the salvage yard and get the key, ignition, transceiver, pcm, and pats if that'll allow me to start the car?

All you have to do is go to the dealer and have them reprogram the PATS system to work with the new keys. This will be a lot less to get done than what all the replacement parts will cost and will still have problems since all modules in vehicle are programmed to work together and reprogramming would still need to be done.

3. Would I have to completely replace the the pcm and pats system to replace the transceiver behind the key?