Q: Car Kind of jolts or jerks right when coming to a complete stop.

My car jerks/jolts before coming to s compete stop. It can be harder or softer depending on how I break, but if I slam on the brakes, the car will stop perfectly without making the jerk/jolt. I've had a mechanic say it's the brakes friction. I thinking it's the transmission. Also when I'm a complete stop and accelerate with a heavy foot on the gas, when the car is going from 1st to 2nd at about 2000 rpm the car also jerks, then shifts normally. Sometimes when I drive in traffic it gets worse, it does the jerk thing when I start braking and comping to a stop. Thank you. My car is an automatic

The transmission shift points can be checked to see if the transmission is causing the jerking or it is caused by the brakes. A scanner can monitor the shift points to see if the transmission has sticking shift solenoids or other issues inside transmission.

3. Car Kind of jolts or jerks right when coming to a complete stop.