Q: overheating

i have a 1998 honda civic. My car was over heating cause i lose coolant due to a rip hose. After i fix that and added new coolant, the car still overheat, steam coming from radiator, and i get no heat from the heater.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. After repairing the hose, when you refilled the cooling system, if all air was not purged from the cooling passageways, that trapped air can cause both overheating and lack of cabin heat. Trapped air can actually block normal coolant circulation. Once you are certain all trapped air is gone, if the engine still overheats, the most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr