Q: What is the satellite radio electronic serial number and why do I need it?

What is the satellite radio electronic serial number and why do I need it?

While AM and FM stations are free to listen to, satellite radio (SIRIUS) is a paid service. In order to receive signal after the initial trial period is over, you’ll need to enroll with SIRIUS Radio. To do that, you’ll need to provide them with your satellite radio electronic serial number, or ESN.

The ESN is 12-digits long, and it’s sort of like your Social Security number or your car’s VIN. You can find it by following these steps:

1. Turn the key to on.
  2. Turn the radio on.
  3. Press the SIRIUS button.
  4. Press the AUX and the first Preset button at the same time.
  5. The ESN should scroll across the screen.
  6. Write it down.

Use the ESN to modify or start a new service agreement with SIRIUS.

• What is the satellite radio electronic serial number and why do I need it?