Q: Revving of engine while in park. Tried to drive off but started to smoke

asked by on June 06, 2017

My car is revving while in park & while driving. Then started smoking

Hi there. Usually when the engine will rev higher than normal, it’s an indication of either a vacuum leak, a problem with the throttle position sensor or other fuel system component. If your engine is overheating as well, this could indicate coolant inside the oil galley’s, which can produce the smoke. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a engine idle is higher than usual inspection, so they can determine what’s causing these issues.