Q: Fuel Gauge stuck on empty

i was driving and noticed that the gas gauge started to go down towards empty. so i stop at a gas station to fill up. after filling up, the gas gauge was still on empty. before i start the vehicle, i see no check engine light. i was still able to drive the vehicle but im afraid i could not track my fuel anymore. I would also note that it was raining hard and the air flow vent was open the night before my gauge was stuck to empty.

The fuel gauge sender in the fuel tank or the fuel gauge is defective. You will need to disconnect the fuel sender on the fuel tank and then turn on key to see if gauge moves. If not then you may need to have the gauge tested further or have it replaced by a mechanic. If dash got wet then I suggest letting vehicle dry out by driving with windows open to see if the gauge starts working.

If you need some help with this, consider Your Mechanic, as a certified technician can help you diagnose your issue and replace your fuel gauge sender if necessary. Good luck.