Q: Where is the horn relay located on my vehicle? If that isn't the problem what else could be wrong with the horn?

I bought my Ram a couple months ago and the horn isn't working. I have replaced the two fuses to the horn in the fuse box under the hood and was now moving on to the relay. I did not get manual with the truck and was curious where the horn relay was located? Also if that isn't the problem what else could be wrong and what I need to do to fix my horn.

Hello. The horn relay should be located in the fuse panel located under the hood. If you do not have a owner’s manual it may be possible that there is a diagram on the inside of the fuse panel cover. If there is no diagram, I would try and source a quality repair manual or consult a shop for diagrams, or a description the exact location. If the fuse and relays are not the source of the issue, then it may be possible that a fault with the horn itself, the clockspring, or the horn circuit wiring are the cause. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location, to diagnose if the horn relay needs to be replaced, or perhaps another repair carried out.

3. Where is the horn relay located on my vehicle? If that isn't the problem what else could be wrong with the horn?