Q: Where is the horn relay located on my vehicle? If that isn't the problem what else could be wrong with the horn?

asked by on December 01, 2016

I bought my Ram a couple months ago and the horn isn't working. I have replaced the two fuses to the horn in the fuse box under the hood and was now moving on to the relay. I did not get manual with the truck and was curious where the horn relay was located? Also if that isn't the problem what else could be wrong and what I need to do to fix my horn.

Hello. The horn relay should be located in the fuse panel located under the hood. If you do not have a owner’s manual it may be possible that there is a diagram on the inside of the fuse panel cover. If there is no diagram, I would try and source a quality repair manual or consult a shop for diagrams, or a description the exact location. If the fuse and relays are not the source of the issue, then it may be possible that a fault with the horn itself, the clockspring, or the horn circuit wiring are the cause. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location, to diagnose if the horn relay needs to be replaced, or perhaps another repair carried out.