Q: Dose a chevy cruze thermostat open with the sensor ontop of the houseing or is it suppose to open just with hot water at 200degree

my thermostat is not opening to allow antifreeze inside my radiator ....i already got 2 thermostats and none of them open in hot water at 200 degrees ...dose it need the thermostat sensor connected to open? (The sensor is part of the thermostat housing itself)

Hi there. Actually, on modern cars, the thermostat is opened through the interaction of both the sensor and the actual temperature reading on the thermostat. Both components relay information to the ECU which activates control of the thermostat. This is why most thermostat housings have an electrical connection or sensor monitoring the system. I would recommend replacing the thermostat housing, along with the top and bottom sensors and clear any stored error codes in the ECU to resolve your problem. It might be a better idea to have one of our professional mechanics complete an overheating inspection on your car to help you diagnose the issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Dose a chevy cruze thermostat open with the sensor ontop of the houseing or is it suppose to open just with hot water at 200degree