Q: My car is jerking when driving when I lift my foot up it stops, I’ve noticed tht it jerked more while the heat was on. My service

My car was s jerking when I’m driving like 45 50 miles when I lift my foot up of course it stops. I’ve noticed tht it was jerking more when I had the heat on. The service light is also on as well. Do this have something to do with the transmission?

The jerking is more likely to be engine related. The fact that the check engine light is on means that trouble codes, likely related to the issue, have been stored and are available for downloading. Those codes will provide important clues that aid in a diagnostic. Your issue can be diagnosed and resolved if you request an engine diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, the certified mechanic would come to your location and run through all the possible causes of engine misoperation, jerking in your case, and those possibilities include exhaust manifold leaks, worn seals or gaskets in the exhaust system, a failing catalytic converter causing exhaust blockages, malfunctioning oxygen sensors, dirty fuel injectors, fuel pump malfunction, faulty spark plugs, a faulty mass airflow sensor and vacuum leaks. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.