Q: Squealing brakes

asked by on February 22, 2016

The brakes are squealing.

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your brakes can squeal for a number of reasons. If the brakes are worn out, then the wear indicators can make noise. If the brakes have glazed over from heat then this can occur also. I start by removing the wheels and checking the brakes. If the brakes are fine, then they may need to be slightly sanded down to remove the glazing. This can also happen if the wrong type of brake pad it used. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your squealing brake noise and make the needed repairs.