Q: My alarm won't stop going off

asked by on October 02, 2016

The alarm in my car goes off every time a door is opened or the car is started. It can only be turned off by using the key to unlock the trunk. There may have been a key broken off in the door lock a few years ago. How can I get my alarm to stop going off?

This is a common issue with many Volkswagen models and is often times related to the security system. The doors and trunk have sensors on them that are armed when the car is locked or the alarm is set.

Occasionally, when these sensors are bad this can cause the alarm to be set off when it is not necessary. This is sometimes intermittent or all the time. I would recommend having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the electrical issue and help you repair it as necessary.