Q: engine wont crank over after car died while driving. tested starter,battery,cables,and fuses all good can any1 help?1998 lexus

car lost power then a few seconds later car died. engine wont crank over. oil light came on but still had oil in it no other warning lights came on but never started again....tested starter,battery fuses and cables still no crank...removed top timing belt cover and doesnt appear to be broken. still might be jammed up at bottom but dont think so can anyone help me please

You have an involved circumstance, with lots of possibilities, and so the most efficient thing to do, by far, will be to request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the cause identified and then let you know of the available repair options or strategies. First, mechanical seizure of the engine itself has to be considered. That can be ruled in or out by simply turning the engine over by hand using the crank pulley bolt. The engine should turn by hand. Next, if the starter motor will turn the engine over, compression is tested because if there’s no compression the engine won’t start no matter what. If the engine turns over, compression is within acceptable limits, and the starter motor works and yet the engine won’t start, Diagnostic Trouble Codes are sought. If no Codes were stored by the PCM, the diagnostic turns to the basics of fuel, ignition, and air induction. Following that procedure, the fault will be identified quickly. Again, your most efficient option will be to simply request a no start diagnostic because the failure you experienced could result from many "equal likelihood possibilities", too many to list here.

• engine wont crank over after car died while driving. tested starter,battery,cables,and fuses all good can any1 help?1998 lexus